Shana Moulton and her singing collaborators!
This performance was truly inspiring and I’m so happy SFMOMA caught it on film. I especially loved the moment at 2:16 when Shana climbs up the redwood tree. It was just uncanny how much she looked like Cindy Sherman (also on view at SFMOMA) and yes, looking forward to Cliff Hengst’s performance, Wobbly’s musical collaboration with Anne McGuire, and of course the renowned Kevin Killian and D-L Alvarez never disappoint! Coming soon in this Stage Presence Series of fun stick-around-for-Summer programming as museums and galleries push for more experimental happenings. Hooray!
While you’re there don’t miss Michael Clark’s film in the Stage Presence exhibition.
Advance tix here. There is limited seating for the live shows so book it sooner than later.
- codyriddell likes this
- sarimner reblogged this from sfmoma
- sarimner likes this
- pixandum likes this
- firstperson reblogged this from sfmoma and added:
- legitimate-mind reblogged this from sfmoma
- uroderer likes this
- arielle-waters likes this
- streetsick likes this
- arielle-waters reblogged this from sfmoma
- yama-bato likes this
- andrewhutchinson likes this
- thedailydoodles likes this
- sfmoma posted this